What can we learn by reading about the world’s greatest entrepreneurs? Often, it’s the small but telling details, such as the fact Warren Buffett and Bill Gates solidified their “bromance” during a dinner party after they both cited focus as the attribute that led to their success. Or the fact that Zappos leader Tony Hsieh honed his entrepreneurial chops selling pizzas in college or Barbara Corcoran’s failing at 22 jobs before she founded a billion-dollar business.
For those looking for a little inspiration, here are five must-read books that show what entrepreneurial success really takes, and how we can apply the principles of the best to our business.
1. The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life by Alice Shroeder.
2. Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose by Tony Hsieh.
3. The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon by Brad Stone.
4. Shark Tales: How I Turned $1000 into a Billion Dollar Business by Barbara Corcoran.
5. Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson.